Equal Opportunity Cell
Equal Opportunity Cell ( EOC) was established in Himachal Pradesh University ,Shimla with the objective to facilitate and promote participation of students at various levels belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) ,Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes (OBC), Minorities and those with disabilities(PWD),so that they can be at par with the others in society and can realize their potential to the fullest.
Various activities which EOC is mandated to undertake and monitor include:
- To create awareness and provide guidance about various welfare schemes/programmes/fellowships/stipends offered by the Central /State governments for the welfare for the students belonging to these categories.
- To implement various schemes including Remedial Classes /Remedial courses and coaching classes at different levels of students so as to improve the proficiency and performance of students belonging to these categories.
- To various establish coordination with various funding agencies to mobilize funds and resources for student to their financial empowerment.
- To devise various measures to create socially conducive atmosphere in the university and establish redressal mechanism for grievance that may be reported by students.
- To attempt to provide support and help to students belonging to these categories and create barrier free access to various services.
- To promote the cultural heritage and organize seminars /conferences/ workshop/ exhibitions/ cultural functions/sports events to increase social inclusion.
Professor Joginder Singh Dhiman,
Professor Aparna Negi
Telephone: 0177 2833776