Prof (Dr.) R.P.Luthra
Dean Faculty of Dental Science, HP University
Educational Qualifications: B.D.S.(Pb.),MDS.(Lko)
- Have Academic Teaching Experiences of UG/PG Classes of over 23 Years.
- Clinical Experience of over 37 Years.
- Administrative Experience as HOD, Sr. Medical Superintendent, Principal etc for over 14 Years.
- Honored by various NGOs for Special Contribution to improvement of Oro-dental Health.
- Guide to M.D.S. students in Research.
- Have Published ‘52’ research papers in National and International Journal of repute.
Various Positions Held:
- Prof. and Head, Department of Prosthodontics, 2003-2012.
- Principal, H.P. Govt. Dental College and Hospital, Shimla w.e.f. April 2011
- Dean Faculty of Dental Sciences, H.P. University, w.e.f. May 2011
- Member Dental Council Of India w.e.f. 2012
- Member Academic Council, H.P.University, w.e.f. May 2011
- Member H.P.U. Court w.e.f. 2nd September 2016
- Member Executive Committee, Central University, DharamShala w.e.f. 2nd December, 2016.
- Member Board of Studies, Punjab University since 2015.
A brief Introduction about Faculty of Dental sciences:
Faculty of Dental Sciences, Himachal Pradesh University, regulates dental education, its admissions, Period of Training, Curriculum of B.D.S., M.D.S., Para dental courses etc. B.D.S. Courses is of Four Years duration followed by 12 months of compulsory rotatory internship before award of degree by the University. The Post Graduate Course of M.D.S. is of 3 Years. Paradental courses i.e. Dental Mechanic and Dental Hygienist is of 2 years duration.These Courses are regulated by Dental Council of India and Ministry of Health and Family welfare, Government of India.
Faculty of Dental Sciences comprises of following Departments:
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Prosthodontics Crown & Bridge
- Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Department of Paedodontics
- Department of Periodontoloy
- Department of Conservative Dentistry
- Department of Public Health Dentistry
- Department of Oral Pathology